Thursday 16 May 2013

Decision Time Mrk II

Im a bit late on this post as I was meant to post it yesterday but I've been slightly side tracked by Assassins Creed 3 and 9 hours of Warhammer fantasy at my local gaming club (Wargame Store, links on the side).

But with no further ado, I've made my choice, it was tough, but my mind was made up a couple of days back. Trying to keep my mouth shut to Andy, so he didn't plan on the ulimate army to destroy me was the hardest part, so in typical Skaven style I threw a few ideas his way to throw him off the scent (muhahahaha) like "hey you seen the new high elves omfg they look awesome! so tempted" all the while knowning I'd never touch them... NOT EVER!!! The horned rat would never allow it ! Vampire Counts was a possible choice for a while, their new models are fantastic and the idea of raising hordes of zombies from the dead gave me a great giggle but ultimately it just wasnt for me at this moment in time. Wood Elves was a close contender but given I already own quite a big force but am yet to play a game with them I decided it was breaking the rules given the whole idea was to start a new army.

This left only one army for me to play, and given their heated history with Skaven it made choice seem all the more fitting, LIZARDMEN! theres many plus points to collecting Lizardmen whether it be effective short range fire power or the fact their spell casters are unrivaled by most of the Warhammer world, but if you're a fan of big monsters what's better than a army of Dinosaurs!?!?!?!

NOTHING!

I have an idea to not use any Saurus in my army (that could change) so my core will be Skinks and lots of the little buggers backed up by Kroxigor to give them more hitting power, lets face it Kroxigor hit hard!

Terradons are a must, flying fast cavalry with the ability to drop rocks on your opponent as you fly over? YES PLEASE! perfect war machine hunters, Stegadons play a big part too, why wouldnt they!?!?!? Salamanders and Razordons look great too! Slann mage priest take control of the magic phase again most armys so im very tempted to include one or two ! Taking away Saurus is going to prove tricky as I'll have no "real" combat units, but being a Skaven player I don't think I need to worry about that.

So there you have it, Andy has Ogres and I have Lizardmen, two fairly different armies, which should lead to some interesting games. We also made the decision that the end goal for this will be to take part in National Tournaments.

Stage 1 starts 1st June, when we will both be posting army progress, so check back when ever and feel free to leave comments with your opinions and ideas etc. We'd love to see what people think :)

- Dave







No comments:

Post a Comment