Monday 26 August 2013

Stage 1!!!

Well, that was a short 2 months!! AND this is a very late Blog!

I realise this post is a week late but real life is hectic!

So what have we achieved... well I'll leave Dave to talk about his Lizardmen... which *cough* didn't make the deadline! *cough*

I've assembled 8 Ironguts










 and 

4 Leadbelchers 


 









I've gone for a simple paint scheme using warm Earthy colours, as A) its easy to paint, and I'm as this blog shall reveal - a poor painter! And B) fits the Ogres, who're messy unwashed beasts, that really have no care for aesthetics!

The only really bright colour is the colour of the Warpaint, a nice bright red, and I'll use that throughout the whole army to tie everything together.

So as we move into stage 2 where the second 500 points will be collected assembled and painted (creating our first 1000 points armies) things really are going to start taking shape. I've had a lucky break with a guy in our local gaming group wanting to get rid of his Ogres and collection of spares, so I've bought that off him. Also a trip to Warhammer world recently has allowed me to obtain some models I will paint and assemble but will probably not be included in the blog as they wont be in my core 3000points I dont think (3x Ogre Grimhorn Rhinox cavalry!)

So the next task will be to paint up.....MORE OGRES, as thats what I've bought. So another 4 Leadbelchers, giving me a unit of 8 which should provide a suitable barrage of firepower with which to lay waste to any of the CRAZY new monsters the Lizardmen of got! Along with the addition of some Ogre Bulls, which I'll equip with Hand weapons and Ironfists, for that additional parry save. 

Mentioning earlier the new Lizardmen, which I'm sure Dave will talk about in more detail, from an opponents point of view..... ouch! I dont know if anyone reading this has had a chance to play against the new look Lizardmen yet but I had a peek through the army book last week, and the new units and rules make them an incredibly tough prospect to face! In particular I think the Bastilodon with Deathray (the big crystal thing) on paper could be horrendous do face off against and must be destroyed early if one appears on the table. Likewise the option to give it a snake swarm generating thing could mean you wind up with a tarpit of swarm bases and a tough monster holding up a whole flank!  Nasty stuff, I'll be factoring these potential threats into a couple of my acquisitions going forward, namely in the form of Ironblasters!! KABOOOOOM!






No comments:

Post a Comment